This is a Hyaluronic Acid based dermal filler which gives your face a seamless and natural appearance. The acid gives skin moisture, maintains its glow, and adds volume. Belotero plumps and adds volume to areas where it has been lost, treating even the finest of lines. Belotero is designed with a soft, cohesive gel that integrates into your tissue to provide subtle and even results without disrupting the natural contours of your face. Belotero integrates with your skin tissues to create a flawless appearance.
What are Belotero’s strengths?
The injection is mostly used around the eyes, nose, lips, and chin. It is a fast process that takes 30 minutes to an hour. The treatment was approved by the Food and Drug Administration seven years ago. After the procedure, you may experience some swelling, and itchiness around the area of application. Aesthetic Rejuvenation Center offers several post procedure products that help reduce the possibility/severity of side effects.
Procedure of application
- We will ask questions to identify whether you are a suitable candidate for the treatment. It is advisable to disclose all the relevant information at this stage.
- We will map out the area that requires treatment.
- An antiseptic will be applied around the area of injection.
- If anesthesia is needed, it will be applied. In most cases, it is not used.
- Dr. Freund injects around the connective tissues.
- We will then massage the area to spread out the filler.
How does Belotero work?
The body produces hyaluronic acid, but as the body ages, the glands produce less chemicals. A Belotero injection induces the acid into the connective tissues enhancing skin moisture, elasticity, and volume. While some fillers are designed to rebuild facial volume and structure, Belotero specifically treats moderate-to-severe etched-in lines and wrinkles.
Belotero is a fast-action treatment that yields results after one day to one week. You will experience noticeable changes within hours after application. The results will gradually increase within a week.
There is very little to no downtime associated with Belotero. In fact, most patients return to their normal, daily activities right after their visit.
The treatment remains active for one to one and a half years. After that period, you can have another injection because the changes are not entirely permanent. Some factors that affect how long it lasts are the amount of product used and the area treated. In areas that experience a lot of movement due to eating, talking, and smiling, the product may not last as long as less active areas.
- Use a qualified, certified, and experienced provider.
- Know and understand your allergic reactions to various chemicals.
- Watch for possible side effects and use products recommended by your provider to lessen these symptoms.
- Do not use Belotero if you are pregnant or lactating.
- The treatment should not be used on individuals with bleeding disorder.
- Avoid strenuous activities within a day after application.
- Do not use aspirin or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Avoid excessive exposure to the sun.
- Keep off alcoholic beverages.